Perl XS/embedding examples
By: Frank Rysanek <Frantisek.Rysanek [AT] pragonet.cz>
You can only download the whole tarball.
I've HTMLized the README files and put them on the web - see the list below.
- XS example
- "Embedding" example #1 - no embedding yet, still at the XS stage
- Embedding example #2 - embedded interpreter, a statically linked
extension, manipulating a C++ object in a very basic way (no OO Perl functionality involved)
- Embedding example #3 - a failed MULTIPLICITY test
- Embedding example #4 - a private Perl build linked in statically
- threaded, but threads not used yet
- Embedding example #5 - a private Perl build linked in statically,
threaded, child threads bootstrapped externally from C++ space (NOT via Thread::new()) - some
code cannibalized out of Thread.c
- Embedding example #6 - a followup to example #2 - focused on how
to evaluate and call anonymous Perl-space subs from within C++, including my newbie discovery
adventure story - elucidation found in Perl guts, Lord of the Rings quote instead of code
comments, the venerable yacc surfacing and other mystical encounters. No threads in this example.
Any comments are welcome :) In fact I've written this to get some independent opinion about
the issues I'm trying to solve. And to talk about the things I'm doing with someone whose mind
is warped in a similar way - it's somewhat difficult to find such people around in the real
world that I inhabit.